We are pleased to bring you the NE I-Corps @ Rhode Island short course, starting June 5th, 2019.
NE I-Corps is partnering with URI Ventures and Venture Mentoring Service of RI to offer NE I-Corps @ Rhode Island. This program is part of the National Science Foundation initiative to help move innovations to market. It is a free, 3-week interactive program to help researchers and engineers learn the skills necessary to engage in informed product development and explore the potential applications of their new technologies.
The program kicks-off on June 5th from 5:00 – 8:00 PM at the URI campus in Kingston with a final presentation on June 26th from 5:00 – 8:00 PM. Applications are due May 20, 2019.
Who should apply:
NE I-Corps @ Rhode Island is open to any individuals and/or teams who are working on new, innovative and differentiating technology that could be a candidate for future SBIR proposals. Whether you have an idea or have started a business, this program will help you explore the potential applications of your new technology. Apply now.
How it works:
- On June 5th, attend the kick-off workshop from 5:00 – 8:00 at URI’s campus in Kingston.
Learn how to:
- Identify their top customer segments
- Develop hypotheses about the value proposition they offer each segment
- Find and effectively interview potential customers about their problems/needs
- Over the next two weeks, teams will speak with 12 potential customers. Each week they have an office hour call with instructors to check-in and receive coaching.
- The program wraps-up on June 26th from 5:00 – 8:00 PM at URI with a final presentations workshop. Teams present their findings, get more coaching, and learn about progressing their ideas. Teams that complete this part of the program may apply for a $1,500 micro-grant to conduct additional customer discovery. The goal is to determine if they are solving a real-world problem with a viable market opportunity.
- Learn tools and techniques to quickly assess whether your idea/invention is solving a real-world problem with value in the marketplace.
- Develop professional skills and build confidence in speaking to industry professionals.
- Become eligible to apply to the National I-Corps program.
- Increase your probability for Federal agency grants.
- It’s free and convenient.
For more information about the program attend the May 9 info sessions or email: email@example.com
NE I-Corps @ Rhode Island is a collaborative effort of New England Regional Innovation Node @ MIT, URI Ventures and VMS of Rhode Island to deliver the National Science Foundation’s Lean LaunchPad training program.