INVENTORS • Ying Sun, Frederick J. Vetter, Rumei Dong, Salvatore A. Chiaramida
This invention and the associated software provide a useful platform for modeling and simulation that assists the development and operation of a variety of medical devices pertaining to cardiovascular diseases. The computational model determines the dynamics of a left ventricle continuously over consecutive cardiac cycles by integrating finite element model of the left ventricular wall with a complex electrical analog circulatory model. It allows prediction of hemodynamic outcome of a regional left ventricular impairment.
• Ventricular restoration surgery
• Surgical treatment of heart failure
• Cardiac resynchronization therapy using biventricular pacing
• Cardiovascular medical devices
• Pharmaceutical research
FEATURES & BENEFITS
• Dynamic and efficient integration of complex
electrical circulatory model with finite element model.
• Effective for both transient and steady states of cardiovascular dynamics.
• Predicts hemodynamic effects of action potential propogation.
• Many cardiac cycles can be processed continuously to reveal transient phase quickly.
• Model generates realistic hemodynamic waveforms in response to physiological variables.
• The model can assess outcomes of
– left ventricle infarction
– cardiac resynchronization therapy
– ventricular restoration surgery
Technology is available for licensing.