NE I-Corps @ RI is a free, three-week interactive program to help researchers and engineers test the value of their ideas.
The next cohort will be held at URI in the spring of 2020.
NE I-Corps @ MIT is partnering with URI Ventures and Venture Mentoring Service of RI to offer NE I-Corps @ RI. This program is part of the National Science Foundation initiative to help researchers and engineers learn the skills necessary to engage in informed product development and explore the potential applications of their new technologies. The goal is to determine if they are solving a real-world problem with a viable market opportunity.
How it works:
The program runs over three weeks with two in-person meetings.
- Attend a Kick-Off workshop at the University of Rhode Island main campus in Kingston, RI
- Over the next two weeks, speak with 12 potential customers and have weekly office hour calls with your instructor.
- Attend a Lessons Learned workshop.
- Teams that complete the NE I-Corps @ RI program can:
- Gain insights. Test hypotheses. Receive valuable mentoring.
- Apply for a $1,500 micro-grant to conduct additional customer discovery in the NE I-Corps @ MIT Fusion program.
- Apply for the NSF National program where participants can earn $50,000.
- Increase the chance of earning an SBIR/STTR federal grant.
For more information about the program email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
NE I-Corps @ RI is a collaborative effort of New England Regional Innovation Node @ MIT, URI Ventures and VMS of Rhode Island to deliver the National Science Foundation Innovation Corps program training program.